Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Moving on Moving on

It is getting close to move on in the job world. I have accepted a nursing position and will be starting at the end of the month. It is not my dream job but it could be much worse. I have either six months or a year if I decide that I want to transfer. I am hoping to be able to spend at least a year to two years on this floor and then move on to critical care or emergency nursing. I have to start somewhere.

It is only Tuesday and I am not sure how well I will survive this week, let alone the next few. This new stretch assignment assistant manager that we have been surprised with is not going well at all. She is being the face of the manager at another store in the district. I am not a fan of how she thinks that if a person does not buy something, the sales team did something wrong. I can safely say that people really do walk into our store just to waste time and browse. We can only control so much but this whole world of behaviors and ambushing is really starting to get to me. I think it is getting to me way faster than it did at my other store because this woman is up in my face. She does not think/act like any one on our store team knows what they are doing at all. We have one girl who has a bonus sale almost every time she works and this woman is wondering why the sales associate is looking at her like she has three heads (that she would like to chop off) when she is asking her "What did you do wrong? What behavior should you be utilizing?" blah blah blah.  I look at the woman like she has three heads because even though I took a break from the company, I think I still out rank her in years of service... That is sad. I don't know why this woman is on the path to get her own store because today, I has to deal with screwed up registers and insanity. I had an issue even opening the registers because this super genius closed all the empty register drawers with the key in the register...Smooth. She apparently has the extra key and if she were not there this morning, I would have had a hell of a time trying to open the registers, without the bank, let alone the store. So, I finally get the registers open and what do you know, register two is short a dollar. All the paper work from the night before says that the register was closed even and with a deposit. I was really unhappy not to find the dollar that was missing. I was happy to find that he did not mix up the register bags like she almost did the one night.She is just a wreck and none of us have any respect for her as a boss because she has shown us sooo many times that she can't handle it. She has no communication skills and is like a puppy that needs Ritalin.

On other notes in life, I have not been running or going to the gym. Sadly, I have to get my foot checked out because it hurts to wear regular shoes. I have no clue what I did to my foot but it does not seem to be good. I wore some new not really broken in shoes to a wedding in mid August and thought that this was the issue. I was hoping it was just a bruise and nothing more. I kept running and working out at the gym and it just continued to get worse. It was starting to get better for a while and then it flared up again. I am hoping that it is not a break of any kind. Broken feet are not fun. I am also hoping that it is not anything that will require any sort of surgery because with starting a new job, getting married, and just trying to stay sane there is no time for surgery and the recovery period that comes along with it. I am hoping that the worst thing that happens is that they boot me for a while. The best would be just a bruise and I can get back to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment