Saturday, September 1, 2012

without getting trampled on or taken advantage of

I am not sure how much longer I am going to be able to run on all engines without all the supplies I need... I feel like I am always at work ( I understand that is mostly my doing) but how is a person supposed to not be homeless without a paycheck?? It has been confirmed that I have done more than my fair share of schedule manipulation and extra hours to help out at work and get things to where they need be, but some how people seem to think that I am not doing ANYTHING to aid the store. Just this past week, the other person in the same level position as me, found out that I was switched to an opening shift because the spot needed to be filled so that the store could be opened for the day and this caused an open spot in the evening. We called a new associate to see if she would be able to fill in but the answer was no. We also had three potential new associates that would be able to fill the gap but, one was not in the system, another not going to be working for another week, and the third decided that she was not coming to work for us anymore. The two other associates that are barely ever at the store were called and both declined to come in and one girl tired to trade a shift (??)! All I heard about the rest of the night was how SHE was going to have to work ALL day, blah blah blah. In between the bitching and moaning I kept hearing, "Unless you want to work a split shift... You can work a split shift!" which was followed quickly with "No, I can not work a split shift" in an increasingly annoyed tone.  Needless to say, the other girl ended up working the double shift with an attitude of a 5 year old (with tantums to match) along with complaints of how she doesn't have a enough hours so that she can pay her bills. Answer me this, if a double shift falls into your lap when you can't pay your rent WHY would you try to give it away and complain about working it when you KNOW you need the money?! I was more than done for the night. I also did her a favor when she asked and she became extremely angry with me and started to cry...Yeah... then she expected me to drive her home after she refused to talk to me and was basically a brat! When I said no, she turned and ran away from me and the next day proceeded to tell the assistant store manager that I hate her and that I really did not have anywhere to go that night. I can not wait to get out of retail. I like the store and I really like my assistant store manager but I can not deal with this girl much longer. Last night she was getting upset because I had a bonus sale and she did not. It just feels like such a drain to have to bring the attitude and moral of the store up all by yourself and it is twice as hard when she starts to get like this. I saw something last night and was informed by this girl that she did something that I found really shady and I don't know what to do about it. If anything is off I will know why and I will be going to the assistant.

I am still going after nursing positions but so far nothing. I am hoping to hear from at least one of two positions this coming week and then I am also hoping to get a call back for an interview that could be my dream job... I had a phone screening/interview yesterday as I was driving to the store. I am hoping that this HR office calls me in because it would be possibly the ultimate thing for me to at least even get an interview. I am hoping that my answers were appropriate but I didn't realize how much I struggled in school with work and all until I had to tell them everything over the phone. I can safely say that I have never been fired from a job but the hostess job I had and was never told that I was no longer working there does look VERY sketchy but I hope that ignore that.

The wedding plans are going. I found my dress! As soon as I have the time and I clear down somethings, I will be getting measured and placing the order! My mom wants to see the dress and I am okay with that but she is only seeing it when I go to get measured. My one sister made the mistake of  taking her to see the dress when she was still looking and ended up leaving behind the dress she fell in love with and going on a wild goose chase for another dress. That is not to say that she did not find another dress that she loved but she let someone talk her out of it and I don't want that and I will not tolerate it. My mom seems to think that we all need to try on bridal gowns and then MUST try on a lace dress. Not sure what her obsession is with lace but I am not in the position to spend that kind of money and I love this dress. It is perfect for the venue and fits exactly what I want. I am the one that has to wear it not her so I will see how truthful her comments were when she said she likes the dress BUT still wants to see it BEFORE I buy it....

No comments:

Post a Comment