Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not so Quiet on the Western Front

So preceptor started this week. The ER will be a great place! I was so nervous last night I really thought I was going to have a revisit of what I ate for dinner. The nurses, docs and PCTs were all really nice and awesome. They made me feel really welcome in the DEM and were more than willing to give me learning opportunities to see and participate in. The team work was great and I have a feeling it is going to be a good 10 weeks.

Right now, sleep scheduling is going to be the biggest thing. I am going to be working a lot of over night shifts so I will be sleeping for a good portion of the day. With that said, I actually have no problem changing my sleep schedule, it is basically already done. The problem is going to be with the roommates. See, one of our roommates is moving out and I understand packing and moving and disassembling things that need to go but NOT AT 830AM! I was so nicely woken up by massive thuds that sounded like they were going to comes straight through the ceiling and kill me. These were not the usual work out thuds from the weights either. I was quite miserable and angry. When I said something to someone who called me around the same time I was told to chill out. Well, I would chill out if this person was as respectful to the rest of the house as we are to her. She doesn't sleep well and just in general has issues with sleep and sleep cycles. When she is sleeping or we know she will be sleeping, no one does anything that could be loud or disruptive. This includes vacuuming, cleaning certain rooms, and basically anything that would indicate that there is life in the house. I have say that this is not the first time I have been woken up by this at all. This is also the same person that will snipe the bathroom from you ( or just knock and then barge right in without even making sure it is okay) when you are trying to get to class or go to work because she is going to bed after coming home from work. I think it is safe to say that I am either ready for me to leave or for her to leave. I am really coming to my wits end with all of this because it is almost like " You can't do anything its this person and they are just that way and they don't understand." Well I can tell you what I don't understand, why can she break all the boundries and respect rules about living with others but the rest of us have to tip toe? It isn't just the noise either. The amount of dishes that were left in the sink for about a week was ridiculous. Why were they in the sink for a week.... because this person went out of state and left the for me to do and quite frankly I wasn't cleaning up after this person again.

Moral of the story: There is a time when roommates are an idea of the past and they need to stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment