Friday, April 20, 2012

One more day!! I have to believe that I can last one more closing shift or else I will probably tell the customers to make their own coffee and leave them standing there. I will admit that really is not a good plan because after graduation I have at least 5 weeks until I will be able to work with my GN license. This bomb was just dropped on me on Monday...What great timing! Looking to buy a house, planning a wedding, and trying to change a career path is probably a bomb waiting to go off.

So, tonight I ended up training the new person that will be taking the place of the other girl who left before me. Apparently, the training is going swimmingly according to my boss. She had the genius idea of having our weakest employee train the new kid so that weak link would learn what she did not know. My question in this whole thing is, how do you expect to have a competent employee by training this way? Well, that fell through on the very first day that it happened. My boss ended up micromanaging the training sooo much that I spent five and a half hours waiting on customers and rushes on a Saturday night myself. After all the closing was done, she decided to make an example out of the close and started messing with the beverage case and trying to bake last minuet. Needless to say we ended up cleaning up her mess of broken juice bottles. We did not get out of the store until close to 11 o'clock. It was horrible. I found out tonight that the training had not been going well at all! The kid shakes like a leaf anytime there is a line. At one point he apologized for using the direction cards to make drinks. I didn't understand so I told him there is no need to apologize, you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. This is when I found out that anytime he is moving too slow for her or not doing it the way that she wants snatching (this is the word he actually used) the cups, ingredients, and cards out of his hands.  He was afraid that I was going to do the same thing to him! I was so appalled!  To calm him down I had to tell him " I will never snatch anything out of your hand because one it is rude, two it is obnoxious, and three you will never learn anything if I am ripping it out of your hands all the time." After that he calmed down and was okay with me helping with drinks when there was a line. He should not be that shaken coming into work.

In better more happy news, we may have found somewhere for the wedding. We have made contact with them and told them the day that we like. We are going to try and make an appointment to go and tour the place and the grounds early next month. Along with that, we looked up the closed hotel. Since the wedding with not be in Pittsburgh, we will need to block rooms for most of our family and friends, especially my family. If we go with this place, everything is included with an on site organizer. Since I know he wants dancing for sure, we will be limited to 250 people, which is plenty big enough for me. We may reach that number very quickly because it has to be a kid friendly reception.  So far the price points on the menu and brochure seem pretty good compared to some of the ones I know I will find here in the city. Apparently he is really excited to see this place because he has been to some events at a different area of the venue and it is near a lot of things he grew up by. I am just as excited to see it because it is a big first step but it will make 2 things (venue and date) disappear from my wedding to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment