Sunday, April 15, 2012

One end is near

I am going to admit this now, I am horrible with keeping up with this blog writing thing. I hope that those of you who are reading this will keep returning and find a little bit of either joy, entertainment or both for that matter. I am also open to comments. Feed back is good.

So the latest and the greatest (and not so greatest)! One more week with two jobs! Next Saturday will hopefully be the last Saturday that I serve coffee in a coffee shop for the rest of my life! I say hopefully because the last time I swore I would never go back and look what good that did for me. I have to say that my boss is trying her hardest to get me to stay there through preceptor but I do not think she likes the continual answer of no. The explanation of" my school schedule will not be fair to you" is starting to wear thin in the delivery and I am getting closer to screaming "You're driving me insane and I don't want to stay in the insanity!" I have 3 days to get through and then maybe I will have some free time!

The other job.... How much longer I can put up with it will be a test of mental strength, will and determination. Dealing with the store associates is hard enough. Now the store manager is starting to take her own little digs and gripes. I thought that things were going to stop getting worse when someone stole my clothing fixture out of the wall while it was in use. Nope. Now the store manager has taken it upon herself to tell the soft lines manager (a person who has absolutely no authority and has made no efforts to show any sort of cooperation or respect for me, my company, or my product) that I am lazy. How exactly am I lazy if I: cleaned up all my go backs, combed through ALL of my racks to PROPERLY put away all my product from when I was not there, cleared the floor, moved my floor around, refreshed face-outs, and managed to check for shipment that needed to go out (there was none) before your people have touched a fitting room let alone walked through the area (not that they do)? I use the same merchandising method infront of my managers (from my company) when they are in for store visits and they are actually quite impressed by the speed and accuracy at which I clean my product area. I was reprimanded for having coffee... I know, from my company head honchos that I'm allowed to have a beverage on the floor. I don't know what their deal is here at this store but targeting people and spreading falsities about them is wrong. I hate to say it but I have complained to my companies upper management but when I did, I had proof. There were no false accusations. They have the photos that back up every statement and a written time line. I hate to say is department store company but you are trying to mess with the wrong person. I know you think I am some 16 year old with my first "real" paying job, well you need to think again!

In good news... We got our assignments for preceptor. My request for the ER was accepted!! I will be spending 10 weeks in a level I trauma ER and I am sooo excited. It is a little scary because I was not given a rotation there this year, I had a little break but I still love the environment. I am hoping for lots of interesting cases and some smooth sailing! I will get my preceptor, the nurse or murse that will be mentoring me for the next 10 week, this week. I will be able to plan my life a little further into the future. Now I have no choice but to pass this term! I have the final left and I took the last unit exam today. I won't know the results until either 11pm tonight or until tomorrow. I looked up everything I could so I am hoping I missed minimal questions so that I can be in a good place for the final. To start panicking in the last three days of a term is horrible and I would prefer not to do it.

House hunting is going more smoothly and less smoothly. We have decided on a school district and we have a short list of houses that we want to look at. I am hoping to move in either June or July. That way,  won't be too far out from a solid paycheck (pending that interview day goes well) and I will have time to do some home shopping and setting up. From there we are going to have to figure out what we want to do for the wedding. By then we will have a year to plan. I know it will be crazy with just moving into a new place but I think that we can do it safely, especially with me getting a better job! We still have not decided on where we want to get married. All I know is that I like July and that is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment